Posted By Thomas E. RicksFriday, October 11, 2013 - 10:09 AM
- Make admission competitive.
- Make the education as academically rigorous as it was during the interwar period. (And don't train them. Educate them to think critically.)
- Make everybody write a lot and get graded on their work. As Orwell said, if you aren't writing clearly, you probably aren't thinking clearly.
- Post class rankings weekly.
- Fail at least 5 percent of the class, and dismiss from the service anyone caught plagiarizing or otherwise cheating.
- Upon graduation, publicly list graduates in order, and give the top 10 or 25 percent preference in subsequent posts.