Monday, February 3, 2014

When a Project Fizzles

Right now I am thinking about my next project. I wrote an outline for a presumed book, and in the last day or so I expanded it in an essay of about 2500 words. As I was writing, the book seemed rather more pedestrian than I had imagined, the ideas seemed rather more obvious. Of course, the book would have had detailed examples and cases. But for the moment, these 2500 words do not look so promising. I have said what I wanted to say, and perhaps no more should be said.

I won't know until a few days from now when I reread what I have written, fix it up a bit, and share with a few people who are more expert in the field than I am.

If it fizzles, I will be grateful that I have discovered this well before I have put in much more time and effort. Of course, one is disappointed, but at least the air is cleared.

We'll see.

No comments: